November is National Adoption Month and provides a unique opportunity for the church and Christians to join together to pray for and serve the orphans of the world. The CALL would like to invite you and your church to serve with us on Orphan Sunday, November 2, as we join churches all over the nation and focus our prayers and church services in one voice to defend the fatherless.
Join us as we follow our Biblical command in James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress. Orphan Sunday provides us an opportunity to focus our voice and efforts on the plight of the “local orphan”, children in foster care in Arkansas. The CALL can provide you and your church with materials and information about children foster care in your home county as well as provide ways to meet them in their distress, either through fostering, adopting or volunteering. For more information about how your church can get involved with Orphan Sunday and the work of The CALL, contact us now.
How you can help?
- 1. Pray for -
- Children in Arkansas who have been abused and neglected.
- Their biological families.
- The local church to fulfill James 1:27 and care for the orphans in their community
- Foster families
- Adoptive families
- Families God is calling to foster and adopt
- Volunteers and staff of The CALL as they work to support families.
- The Arkansas Division of Children and Family Services Central Office leadership and staff
- Local DCFS staff, resource workers, supervisors, caseworkers, adoption specialists and many more.
- 2. Serve Foster and Adoptive families in your area through The CALL. Learn about volunteer opportunities in your county here.
- 3. Learn more about serving children in foster care and becoming a foster or adoptive parent by attending an information meeting in your home county. Find your county.