“Religion that God our Father considers pure and undefiled is this: to care for orphans…in their distress…” James 1:27
There is a critical need in our community for foster and adoptive parents for children who have been abused or neglected and are in the foster system. For Christians, there is a biblical mandate to care for the local fatherless, the orphan, and the least of these. The CALL educates, equips, and encourages the Church to fulfill its calling in meeting the needs of these children, and is a key support for those who come forward to serve.
Our vision: No waiting children in foster care in Pulaski County – having more than enough Christian foster and adoptive families for the children who need them.
Pulaski County Stats:
- Children in Foster System: 550
- Open Foster Families: 298
- Needed Additional Foster Families: 202
- Children Available for Adoption: 100
But, there are 600 churches in Pulaski County — MORE THAN ENOUGH to provide the needed families for these precious children. Are you being CALLED to do something?
What God Has Done So Far Through The CALL in Pulaski County:
- Number of children being placed outside of our county due to a lack of foster homes has been drastically reduced from 67% to 22%.
- Over half of the currently serving foster families (183) for our county were recruited and trained through The CALL.
- Thousands of local children have been welcomed into Christian, CALL-recruited foster and adoptive families.
- Over 250 children have been adopted out of foster care by local CALL-recruited families
- 60 churches in Pulaski County have partnered with The CALL in foster care ministry
- Three CALL Malls provide free, consignment-quality clothing and needed items for children in foster care.
- Four support groups are held each month for foster and adoptive families.
Will YOU join with us in caring for our local children in crisis?
Click on Events to sign up for an upcoming CALL Info Meeting to find out more about fostering, adoption, respite care, mentoring, or volunteering in other ways!